Source: Government of Western Australia
Global leaders will be touching down in Perth to attend the inaugural 2023 Indo-Pacific Space and Earth Conference on 23-24 October 2023.
- Perth to host inaugural 2023 Indo-Pacific Space and Earth Conference
- Event to showcase WA’s world-leading technology to an international audience
- Space sector a priority for Cook Government to diversify economy and create jobs
Global leaders will be touching down in Perth to attend the inaugural 2023 Indo-Pacific Space and Earth Conference in October.
Around 500 representatives from industry, government and research organisations in the space, resources, energy, agriculture, defence, advanced manufacturing, robotics and education sector are expected at the two day event.
The conference will help promote the Western Australian space sector and showcase world-leading space technologies that are used in a variety of terrestrial industries on Earth.
Advanced technologies, like AI, machine learning, quantum, autonomous systems, remote sensing, robotics and next generation communications will be on show.
Increased adoption of space technology and space data will help to diversify WA’s economy and support decarbonisation and sustainability across the resources, energy and agricultural sectors.
- Dr Ben Bussey, Chief Scientist, Intuitive Machines (major US commercial space exploration company);
- Dr Megan Clark AC, Independent Non-Executive Director, RioTinto and Chair of the Australian Space Agency Advisory Board;
- Jason Crusan, Vice President, New Energy Solutions, Woodside Energy;
- Jim Free, Associate Administrator for Exploration Systems Development, NASA; and
- Enrico Palermo, Head, Australian Space Agency.
Comments attributed to Premier Roger Cook:
“The countdown is on to Perth hosting the inaugural 2023 Indo-Pacific Space and Earth Conference.
“This is major opportunity for Western Australia to show off our State as a competitive location for thriving hi-tech industries.
“Space technology provides huge potential to drive economic benefit across the whole economy – providing insights for farmers, supporting emergency services, enhancing decarbonisation, sustainability, food production and connecting regional communities.”
Comments attributed to Science Minister Stephen Dawson:
“Hosting the Indo-Pacific Space and Earth Conference is a real coup for Western Australia.
“It’s a chance to show off our growing space industry to the world and build WA’s reputation as a centre of innovation.
“The Cook Government is proud to support this burgeoning sector, with multi-million-dollar investments in remote operations, research projects and satellite technology in recent years.”
Hon. Roger Cook
Premier; Minister for State and Industry Development, Jobs and Trade; Public Sector Management; Federal-State Relations
Hon. Stephen Dawson
Minister for Emergency Services; Innovation and the Digital Economy; Science; Medical Research; Minister Assisting the Minister for State and Industry Development, Jobs and Trade